Advanced analysis for hop latent viroid and viruses
Hop latent viroid (HLVd), also known as “dudding disease” or “dudding,” is a single-stranded, circular infectious RNA of growing concern throughout both the cannabis and hemp sectors. Although difficult to detect, it can substantially inhibit overall growth, flower size, and potency once it becomes endemic in a facility.
More options. Fast results.
Target the infections that directly impact production
- Test for Hop Latent Viroid, Lettuce Chlorosis Virus, and Cannabis Cryptic Virus
- Single-submission and bulk analysis is available
- Ideal for quality assurance analysis
Standardized testing methodology, available across all markets
- Cutting-edge reverse-transcriptase quantitative polymerase chain reaction (RT-qPCR or QRT-PCR) technology
- Small sample sizes taken from low-THC biomass allow for national testing
- Rigorous, routine process inspections and data audits
Easy, secure access to your test data
- Fast pesticide testing turnaround
- Instant notifications throughout the testing process
- Customer Service Portal streamlines reporting and data management
“The problem is the cannabis industry for the past 20 years at least was based on clones only...So everybody is shipping clones from here to there, and nobody was testing...What we did was basically spread it all over the planet. Anybody receiving any plants from the United States, especially from California, has the viroid in their grow.”Oussama BadadCo-founder and Chief Scientific Officer of Growmics
Experts sound alarm over global spread of dangerous marijuana viroid
April 24, 2023
Why is virus and viroid contaminant analysis important?
- Infections like hop latent viroid weaken plants to slow development and reduce production potential by upwards of 30 percent.
- Symptoms are typically less evident than other pathogens, especially prior to flower.
- Hop latent viroid and other pathogens are often spread through incoming clones or cuttings from an infected mother and can rapidly take over entire facilities.
Let’s talk about your testing needs
Our experts are always ready to answer your questions.
Microbial Testing Solutions
Ensure Product Safety
- Comprehensive microbiological analysis to detect trace amounts of chemical pesticides, fungicides, and plant growth regulator (PGR) residues
- Test for contaminants throughout the supply chain, in flowers, biomass, liquids, solids, material inputs, and finished products
- Trusted and standardized, state-specific test panels for reliable, rapid results