We are seeking a full-time Software Developer to join the team. We are based in Santa Cruz, CA, but this position would work remotely.
The Software Developer will assist in the development, implementation, and management of technology-based business solutions to improve both internal and client workflow. This position will be responsible for coding, testing, and implementing configuration changes and assisting in the design of software applications to meet both functional and technical requirements of the operations. The ideal candidate is energetic and excited by the idea of working in a company that is passionate about its mission. We have a truly exceptional team, and we are ready for another exceptional person to join us!
- Manage and coordinate activities to conduct credit investigations and collect customer Code, test and troubleshoot programs utilizing the appropriate hardware, database, and programming technology
- Learn and maintain existing software programs; make approved changes by developing detailed programming logic and coding changes
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with users
- Write and maintain documentation for software projects
- Develop and implement test plans for new projects, and maintenance of existing projects
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information processed, stored, or accessed
- Document programming problems and resolutions for future reference
- Adapt to evolving technologies and processes
- Perform other tasks and additional projects as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic Python and PHP programming using MVC and object-oriented design
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems
- Able to work independently, proactively and adapt appropriately to changing priorities while at times needing to multitask
- Able to grasp technical issues quickly and use resources and knowledge to find solutions
- Ability to read, comprehend, and explain documents in English
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, in English
- Ability to meet physical demands of position, including sitting or standing at a desk for long periods of time and extensive computer work/keyboarding
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School Diploma (General Educational Development or High School Equivalency exam passed); 2 years of college or University education preferred
- 3-5 years of previous programming experience required
- Strong attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player and committed to help achieve the company goals
- Must be able to work schedule of PST hours
SC Laboratories provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org