SC Labs is the largest multi-state laboratory bringing together four of the industry’s most reputable testing labs. SC Labs, founded in 2010, is one of the cannabis industry’s oldest licensed testing labs and the first to develop a national hemp testing panel. Botanacor Laboratories, founded in 2014, is the leading third-party testing platform for hemp-derived products and was the first lab in the country to receive CDPHE and ASTM’s CANNQ/HEMPQ certifications. Agricor Laboratories, also founded in 2014, leads the Colorado market, and Can-Lab, founded 2019, leads the Michigan market in cannabis testing solutions. The company is licensed and accredited in California, Oregon, and Colorado, and Michigan.
We are seeking a full time Account Executive to join the team. This position will be remote but candidate must be located within range to commute occasionally to the Lab based in Warren, MI.
The Account Executive will drive business development initiatives which support the expansion of the SC Labs business in the Cannabis and / or Hemp/CBD marketplace. This position will be responsible for generating and qualifying opportunities that result in increased market share and revenue generation. They will be expected to meet and exceed quota for your assigned region in collaboration with customer success managers. This position will effectively communicate customer needs and testing requirements within the SC Labs organization, as well as proactively respond to customer inquiries and service requests.
- Drive business development activities that support SC Labs’ overall revenue generation strategy
- Manage the business development process from lead generation to qualification and close of new customers to achieve SC labs business growth objectives
- Collaborate with other cross functional team members (Customer Service, Field Operations, Accounting, Lab Operations, Marketing) to optimize retention and growth in assigned regions
- Provide mentorship to Sales Development Representatives and Customer Success Managers to improve their selling effectiveness
- Leverage existing relationships within the Cannabis and Hemp/CBD industry to grow SC Labs’ client base
- Establish relationships within and network with the cannabis and hemp community at large; participate with trade organizations and attend trade shows and other industry events
- Provide weekly/monthly updates to the sales leadership and other members of the commercial team re: active opportunities, targets, key revenue drivers, and recommended action plans to deliver performance goals
- Partner with Customer Success team to manage and resolve client service issues, become a reliable point of contact for our clients’ testing needs
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with Key accounts and regular onsite visits within assigned region as needed
- Always represent SC Labs brand and image in a positive manner
- Establish a clear understanding of SC Labs services, offerings, and state regulations to effectively apply and sell testing solutions to our clients
- Utilize the CRM platform to monitor, track, and communicate key activities to manage the sales process and forecast future customer demand—including updating opportunities and logging in person meetings
- Performs work functions and maintains records per relevant SOP and laboratory policies
- Conducts other assignments as identified by management
- Deep understanding of CRM systems and best practices
- Understanding of sales and networking processes to generate new business and increase revenue
- Advanced knowledge of Hemp/CBD and/or cannabis and the variety of concentrated and infused products available
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service, problem solving, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications and email
- Ability to adapt to a varied clientele
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to lead, motivate, and develop team members
SC Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Warren, MI, (Remote)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org