SC Labs is the largest multi-state laboratory bringing together four of the industry’s most reputable testing labs. SC Labs, founded in 2010, is one of the cannabis industry’s oldest licensed testing labs and the first to develop a national hemp testing panel. The company is licensed and accredited in California, Oregon, and Colorado, and Michigan.
We are seeking to hire a Full-time Sampler for the Tigard area. The Sampler position is responsible for obtaining a representative sample of a batch at the client’s location, completing all relevant documentation and providing excellent customer service, while ensuring all samples are safely and securely transferred to a Courier for delivery to our Lab for processing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interact with clients/customers on their premises during sample collection and submission (Clients / Customers may require our employees to be fully vaccinated)
- Follow all internal laboratory and State regulations while taking samples and driving to and from a client/customer sampling site or the laboratory
- Coordinate with Manager of Field Operations, as well as, Customer Service Account Managers to maximize sample collection
- Strive to maximize driving route efficiency
- Maintain records of samples and transportation data per relevant procedures
- Maintain sampling supply/equipment inventory
- Complete vehicle operational logs and minor maintenance as needed
- Follow good documentation practices, data integrity principles, and safety behaviors
- Promote a professional company image through exemplary customer relationship skills
- Refer customer inquiries, routing or schedule change requests, and/or complaints to the appropriate Account Manager
- Ensure proper Sample Submission form protocols are followed
- Suggest and implement continuous process improvement initiatives
- Support laboratory-based functions including sample intake/preparation, etc
- Perform other activities as assigned by management
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must have a minimum of 1-year previous Customer Service experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license; must have and maintain a clean DMV driving record
- Must be comfortable working with and around cannabis products. Previous work experience in the legal cannabis industry is preferred
- Ideal candidate will have 1 year of prior laboratory experience from either college or full-time practical work experience/exposure, and previous customer service experience
- Ability to safely and securely park and keep a Company owned vehicle is required
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while driving
- Abilities: Follow written and verbal instructions and be an effective communicator; work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Skills: Read, write, and speak English; use LIMS, Microsoft Word, Excel, and email applications; must be able to program and follow driving navigation software
- Other characteristics: Strong attention to detail; must possess excellent planning skills
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Completed 2 years college or university education (preferably in a scientific discipline) OR Hold a High School Diploma or pass a General Educational Development or High School Equivalency exam and have completed 1 year of full-time practical laboratory experience.
All employment offers will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check, to include the ability to be added by our motor vehicle insurance provider.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
SC Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
On the road
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com